July 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Megan

It was a week ago I know but better late than never!! My little baby has turned a big 6....... here she is with one of the presents she got, this parrot is a very clever toy and Megan has not stopped playing with it and talking to it........ I'll be glad when the batteries run out so we can all have a break!

Megan wanted to go to McDonald's for lunch, so off to town we go I was hoping this would perk her up a bit because she wasn't feeling the best.... I think she had a touch of that horrible bug that had. When we ordered our lunch the only thing she wanted was a frozen coke...... now I know she is sick usually she tries to order half the board! Within about an hour she went from a happy little person sooooo excited about her birthday to this........
After McDonald's the kids wanted to go to the park and kick a ball, this lasted about five minutes then Megan just sat and watched...... looks miserable doesn't she.I made a quick little cake for her when we got home knowing that it probably wouldn't get eaten because we weren't well, Megan really came to life when she got it!!
I can't believe this is the same kid who only a few hours ago was soooo miserable.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.....hip hip hooray!!!
I'm so glad our whole family are over this bug it has taken about two weeks...... and for the first time ever I have been too sick to get out of bed and look after the kids...... thankfully they are old enough to get something if they need it. I will be booking myself in for a Flu injection next year!!
We had planned on having a birthday party for Megan early in the week but had to put it off until this Saturday just gone...... it worked out better anyway the weather was perfect and no-one was sick. I have pictures to share but I'll do that in another post.
bye for now

1 comment:

Meg said...

Love the cake!!!!