June 8, 2010

Snowy Owls

Today I wanted to share a couple of new little friends......
I take my inspiration from all sorts of things, this time around I took it from this amazing creature......
I wanted my owls to be all white just like a snowy owl, I used a few different kinds of fabrics in shades of white to give some texture.
The kids and I went down to a big pile of logs in the front paddock and had a bit of a photo shoot, it didn't work as well as I'd have liked.........but you get the idea!
The next lot might be a combination of black and charcoal.....a night owl!

I must be off, I've been up since 4.30 (because Mark had to leave early today) doing a few odd jobs and cutting out some more pears, now I have to go and get the kids ready for school.
Hope you are all keeping warm.





8 comments:

Liesl said...

Your snowy owls are just beautiful.

mel @ loved handmade said...

They are so lovely! I love them...

Maria said...

What gorgeous little creatures!

Sally said...

Stunning!

by marie-nicole said...

They are just gorgeous!!! And I love the photos on the logs... beautiful

Thank you for your kind comment my post... it sounds like your children enjoy getting involved in your work too!

http://mypaperowl.typepad.com said...

They are gorgeous, I am an obsessive owl lover and I can't get enough I just LOVE OWLS!!!!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Yes, a gorgeous English lady bought one on a blustery day at Shop, of course, it lasted less than an hour on display for sale, so i wrapped it in tissue so it remained spotless & snow white. Did i mention a grey one is now in my 3rd daughter's room, she especially likes the little RSD stitching on the under wing, PLUS it's called 'Sleepy' at night & 'Hooters' by day, where she pops the button eyes from under their heavy lids, too cute!! Love Posie

Jodi Dolbel said...

Totally ADORABLE!!!! Is there anything you dont think off honestly!!!