November 8, 2010

Baby Babushka!

I have a slight obsession with these babushka dolls at the moment, I've made them in all sorts of colours not just your traditional red and white for Christmas. I think they are going to look extra special hanging on the tree this Christmas and afterwards they'll look cute hanging over a door/drawer knob in a little girls room.
This small gathering has since tripled and I just cut out another 40 to send to Shop Handmade.
My poor sewing machine is not liking all the work it has to do.......it had a little moment when I was blanket stitching a few of these on Saturday night, I think it needs a loving service..........or a big rest!
Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Well you know i'm your number one fan & Babushka obsessed, please send them to Shop NOW!! How exciting, both BOTH YES B O T H of your Advent Calendars sold before 10a.m. Monday morning, so congratulations. There are two very lucky little grandchildren in Canberra & Melbourne who are going to get these in the lead up to Christmas. Love your work Brenda, love Posie

Jessica Stead said...

Hey Brenda,
You are one talented woman! You have such great skill and attention to detail- your work is beautiful. I have one of your gorgeous little red pin cushion owls in my home. I love these new Babushka dolls, I too am obssessed by these dolls! They just remind me so much of my childhood. Do you remember the unique smell of the wood and glue they used? Hope you have had a good week.
Ruby-Robin ox