March 11, 2011

Yay I've finished!

This isn't Megan's quilt I've been working on, this is another smaller one I made out of all the extra fabric.
It makes me smile when I look at it knowing that the other one I'm working is going to be equally as beautiful......just three times the size!
I absolutely love everything about it and I'm going to find it hard parting with it!
I took the advice of some of my lovely readers and made a matching cushion sham, so glad I did because now it's like a complete set when on the bed.
The quilt measures 170cm x 125cm and the cushion sham measures 45cm square.
I'm really excited about doing some more of these, because as you know I plan on having them all over my new house!
I have just listed the quilt and cushion sham in my madeit store so if you're interested go check it out.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend planned, me well it'll be my sixth day straight of sport with the kids. We have had swimming lessons, swimming trials, cricket, rugby training, rugby carnival and tomorrow is cricket. I'll be so glad when lunch time Saturday comes, so looking forward to a rest or some serious sewing and maybe even a bit more blogging. So sorry for the lack of it lately....life suddenly got a little crazy!

Take care

4 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

that is the most stunningly beautiful thing! I'm not surprised it will be difficult to part with x

Renae @ theredwren said...

It's really beautiful! What a fantastic job you've done.

Rosalind said...

well done it looks gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt and would like to make the same design (with my own fabric choice) for my daughter's room. Could you share what size charms you used to create your disappearing 9 patch? Also what size sashing did you use? I love the proportions on this quilt and the horizontal sashing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!