June 5, 2011

Flea Market Finds!

I've decided to join in with Sophie and her Flea Market Finds today and share something Orange!

I was at a garage sale a while back and I spied a splash of Orange out the corner of my eye, I love orange so I wasn't going to leave these two Pyrex dishes behind. Even though only one of them has a lid I thought I'd still be able to use the one that doesn't. I scored these juicy Pyrex dishes for only $3.50.
 They remind me of my mother every time I use them because back in the 70's she was an orange lover. She still has quite a number of vintage pieces in use throughout her kitchen and pantry, you can see that there is a definite orange theme going on. I remember she had orange curtains in the dining room, she loved those curtains and it seems the donkey did too because when she hung them out to dry after washing our pet donkey Genevieve ate them! 
 The gorgeous tea towel my dishes are sitting on is a new one which arrived from Yardage Design. Nic had a sale last weekend and I was wanting to get some more fabric for cushions and a chair and a couple more tram roll tea towels. Don't you love the way she wrapped all my goodies!
If you want to see some more treasures head on over to Her library Adventures and take a look.

10 comments:

karlyn Jackson said...

Lovely pyrex Brenda, looks like it's in great condition. I love the orange. I'm not sure what size they are but I find the ones without lids make great salad bowls and fruit bowls.

Unknown said...

Oh Brenda, love that orange Pyrex. What a great find!! Sorry to be a pain, but would you mind linking up again? I had to delete my original post, the thumbnails were a wee bit little. Thanks so much for playing along. Have a wonderful Sunday!
Sophie x

::The Beetle Shack:: said...

OOh well done! I'm loving that pyrex!

xo em

Lea said...

Gorgeous Brenda, I am find to find any pyrex. I love orange too and it is lovely that it evokes a memory of your mother too. I just popped over to your made it shop. I'll be keeping my eyes open for your return. Your little birds are delightful.

yardage girl said...

Oh I love the orange pyrex too - my mum had a orange one that she used to make baked custards and bread and butter puddings in - yummy memories!! I'm glad you got your order too. The tea towel looks great with the orange - I love the combo! Nic

Max said...

That is a very lovely shade of orange. Wow, you had a pet donkey you lucky thing! I want to buy something just so i can get my hands on that cool 'make your own bunting' wrap!

Michelle said...

That is a vibrant orange and those are two lovely Pyrex dishes. Pyrex is so fun to use! Thanks for sharing. I loved the story about the pet donkey eat the orange curtains!

melania said...

A donkey called Genevieve! That is too cute!!!!!! High fives for pyrex!

Anonymous said...

Love your orange Pyrex, and it's in great condition too!

Jill said...

So 70's..... Love the orange Pyrex - have to find myself some orange pieces...