September 8, 2011

Our creative spaces.

There are a few things I like collecting, anything that's old with a bit of character usually fits the bill. I've been on the hunt for some old bird cages of late, different shapes and sizes as I wanted to put a bit of a display together for my new sewing room. 
After watching Renovators the other night when one of the guys doing the panic room hung 2 bright red bird cages as a display in the corner of his room, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I needed to find another cage and yesterday while in Tamworth I found the metal one in a furniture store. It's not a real one but it will work beautifully with what I want to do.
 First thing I needed to do is choose a colour. I had planned on a red and had all intentions of buying  pot of red paint when I went into the store this morning ......I came out with a pot of half strength Whitsunday Blue.
 I really should have been sewing up a few orders instead of doing this, but I was busting to see what it would look like.
 Totally in love with it! I think that I might change my game plan next time I decide to paint wire, it's not so easy and very slow going. Next time if I can find the colour I want it'll come out of a spray can.
If you want to see some more creative spaces go here.

Don't forget my Red Stitch Designs giveaway


Teek said...

Just gorgeous

Sally said...

Lovely colour.

Posie Patchwork said...

Love it & in your birthday week you can do what you want, orders can wait!! OH yes, spray can all the way!! Love Posie

Angel.Pearls said...

Oh, it's lovely, nice color! ..I'm a bit interested in how you will 'use' it -for display?!

gemmipop said...

very pretty indeed!

Sam Findlay said...

I love the blue, it look stunning!

Kelly @ Polkadot Lane said...

This is such a beautiful shade of blue, and although I am such a huge fan of red, I think this colour just works so perfectly with this cage. Good choice!

Posie Patchwork said...

Hey gorgeous, how are you?? Love Posie