July 14, 2010

Trial Run - My Creative Space

I love little birds, I love the unbelievable variety and the amazing detail when you take a closer look. The only thing I don't like about them is that they poop all over my car, I have a crazy one that smacks into my kitchen window on a regular basis, and the cockatoo's chew my TV aerial........other than that they are great and I thought it was about time I did a trial run on one of my own!
I took a bit of inspiration from these cute little wire forms.
The legs were a bit tricky............trying to get the balance right was almost as hard!
I think I'll have to do the wings again........these ones would be perfect for a slightly smaller bird.
There are a few things that can be improved upon, it might take me a few goes to get it right.........but in the mean time I still have this cute little bird to talk too.
For many more creative spaces head on over to kootoyoo and say hello.
Thanks for stopping by

15 comments:

Jodi Dolbel said...

bloody hell Brenda you are clever!! There is no doubt about it! The stuff you come up with in your head amaises me!!!
I love these birds! Adorable!

Steph said...

You are a genius! That bird is brilliant. He could come a poop on my car anytime! Hope you are having a wonderful week :)

Rosalind said...

Far out - they are very cool clever lady! Love love the birds, particularly the texture on the wings :-)

Hannah said...

oh oh oh they are so sweet!

by marie-nicole said...

What a fantastic job you've done, your little bird looks adorable.

Renee said...

Gorgeous! Your bird looks a lot like my little lovebirds I made ages ago. http://spunkeestuff.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-creative-space_5224.html
and
http://spunkeestuff.blogspot.com/2008/07/tweet-tweet.html
Love your work!

Bianca said...

They look great! I especially lovve your owls!

xB

Anonymous said...

Oh my they are gorgeous!!!
I love them.
You are so clever.

Susan said...

In.Love!
Blessings!

74 Lime Lane said...

he(?)'s very sweet, if this is a trial run you are off to a great start

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

very clever! those birds look just divine!!

michelle said...

you are kidding me. thats a trial run. he is fantastic. he has so much personality. i love birds in a crafty sense but i don't like them up close. they are all boney and feathery they creep me out a bit. but yours i could love.well done

Sally said...

Fantastic.
You are one truly creative woman. Great stuff.

by marie-nicole said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my post today. Hope you're having a great week.

Baa-Me Kniits said...

I have fallen in love with your little bird! So sweet :-)