October 18, 2010

Blogtoberfest day 18.

I have a friend that is interested in a few Babushka Dolls for her daughter so yesterday afternoon while Mark and the kids were at the block I had a bit of a trial run. The first attempt I'm not even going to show you, but I will tell you that it's head was so small that it looked like a pin-head on a big bump!

After a few hours of mucking around these sleepy twins were done!
I did go back to the hand stitching of the eyes and mouth.......however I did use the copic pen for the blush, it worked perfectly!
The cute little trim was found in my retired ( for now ) scrapbooking stash, I think I'll dip into all the trims and embellishments more often and use them up!
I hope you all had a lovely weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww,they're so cute!

mel @ loved handmade said...

They are really lovely! You seriously have an amazing talent. I tried to make a babushka once but I think i was over complicating it & gave up in the end. Yours are just beautiful.

Jackie said...

Once again....very very cute..HOW DO YOU DO IT ??? x

Seaside Siblings said...

They are truely lovely. New follower of your blog here :-)