October 10, 2010

Flea Market Finds!

It's time for Sophie's Flea market Finds again. This week I'm going to share this big big pot I picked up at an auction for only $5.
It's in great condition, the handles aren't cracked and there's no dints or anything like that.

Not sure what I'm going to use it for, my initial thought was a water dish for the pets but I think it's a little too good for that, I don't have 20 kids so I don't need it to fill it with food!

I remember when I was a little girl mum had one of these exactly the same, she used it for the kitchen scraps ( we had a lot of chooks ) and it was my job to feed it to the chooks, it was so heavy I could barely carry it! Don't think I'll be using it for that either!


For now it look sweet sitting amongst my other kitchen collectibles.

If you want to join in and say hello to sophie go here.

6 comments:

by marie-nicole said...

What a great find. I do like the idea of feeding the chooks but the weight could be an issue... have fun finding out what it is best suited for in your home.

sue said...

It certainly is massive! I read that cooking in aluminium is not a good idea anyway so maybe it is best suited to being gloriously decorative!

Allana said...

Great pot, I agree about not cooking in it, storage for something would be great though! Chickenfeed, bits and bobs in the kitchen, toys, crafty things, spare seeds etc in the garden shed, laundry powder??

Leah said...

I loke the storage idea too, great find!

My Handmadehappiness said...

what a find... I think it should be for decoration!!!!!

nadine paduart said...

i think the love for an object says a lot about ourselves, our love and our intentions. treasure it! it looks as if it's pleased to be with you!