January 18, 2009

Use those scraps!!

I've been scrapbooking for around 7 years now and over those 7 years I have collected so much stuff that my craft cupboard is busting at the seams....it's just like an addiction I can not stop buying more and more.......at least my addiction doesn't involve me sitting on a stool in a club smoking a cigarette and pumping loads of money through a machine.....I couldn't think of anything worse, I'd much rather look at my bursting craft cupboard. Anyhow after that little digression back onto my scrapbooking supplies......I have so many scraps it's not funny.....when I first started I was told "don't throw anything out because you can always use a scrap for something else". Just lately I'm at the point where I tell the kids " Just go for it, use what you want", I know this would truly freak alot of people out but really that bit of paper you have been saving since 2003 isn't going to get used any time soon is it? This year along with a few other changes I would like to make in my life I am going to make more of an effort to use up some scraps once I have finished my layout.....just like I did this afternoon when I made this card.......It's far cheaper and much nicer than buying a card from the shop which could cost anywhere between $5.00 and $9.00. So come on join in and recycle those scrap and see what you can come up with!!

Here is one of those other things I want to do in 2009.....take pictures of Everyday Life.....because apart from giving me extra practice with my camera which I definitely need it gives me some sort of record on what Everyday Life was like at the time......and hopefully I'll get some nice shots. I don't think I'll be so obsessed that I must take one every day of the year but I'll try and do it every time I do a post. It would be real nice if you all joined in so we could have a bit of a peek at your Everyday Life to!
"Pencils"
Now that I've gotten all that off my brain I hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

1 comment:

Jodi Dolbel said...

I love your pencils photo and i have copied your card!!
Too funny, the layout i just finished used that same paper and the same ribbon!! Too Funny!!!
Have a great week - hopefully we should catch up for coffee hey?
ive gotta go to Tanworth sometime this week though... god, wont that be fun!! NOT!!