March 30, 2010

Lady Beetle Hairbands.

I love the smell of rain, and today it's been raining since I woke up. The rain makes for a perfect day to create something, no background noise from the TV, no kids arguing, just the sound of rain on a tin roof.......perfect.
Here are some little beetle hairbands I've been busy making, they look super cute in Megan's hair, I do think I should make them in a few more colours just for something different......I know lady beetles are primarily red but I think they'd look pretty in any colour. If you would like one or two just send me an email, they are only $6 each plus $1 postage.
Only a couple of school days left for term 1 then we break for a few weeks over the Easter period, I'll be so glad when Thursday afternoon comes and all the Easter crafting we have to do is all over with. I'm not sure what's going on but I think a few of the teachers went overboard this year, firstly the kids had to blow out a few eggs and decorate them into little characters, make a hat for the Easter Hat Parade, make a model of the Easter Bunny and finally construct some sort of device to surround an egg so when it is dropped from the top of a ladder it doesn't break......yeah like that's not going to happen!

All a bit much isn't it?

2 comments:

Julie said...

Love the beetles!
Yes, I agree, that is a bit much! I thought we had to much on with a costume disco followed by an Easter hat parade the next day... 3 more sleeps!!! lol

Knicky Knacks said...

Too cute. They are great and so original.