March 16, 2010

Scraps.

How many times have you been working away and glanced down at the rubbish bin full of scraps and said to yourself, " Those little bits are way too pretty to throw away". That's how I feel on a regular basis so I've become a bit of a scrap hoarder. For as long as I can remember I have kept all sorts of scraps........scrapbooking paper, selvedges, fabric, wrapping paper, I even have the scraps left over from making my wedding gown nearly 11 years ago!
This morning I wanted to use some of my scraps and create something simple and pretty.....so I randomly cut hearts using three colours, stitched around each one......
...and strung them together to create this lovely garland!
Perfect for decorating my table at the markets this weekend!
I'm almost organised.......I like to set the table up and make sure everything fits as I'm only taking one table this time, it's also great to know where everything will go before you get there so you aren't stuffing around on the day!
I have a bit more to share over the next few days so make sure you call in and visit!
Bye for now.




2 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

I totally understand being a scrap hoarder, I can never throw them away. Just look at what can become of them - your heart garland looks lovely!

passion4pink said...

Love anything with hearts, which markets are you at this weekend?