May 13, 2010

My Creative Space.

Today the kids went back to school.......I thought if they are well enough to drive me crazy and fight with each other they are well enough to be learning something in a classroom. So this morning I only had to battle with them for about an hour, they fought over poll position in front of the heater, they fought over who hadn't had their breakfast yet, they fought over who had to unload the dishwasher, cleaning teeth, brushing hair, the cat, who was looking at who......and it goes on and on. Please tell me I'm not the only person that has to deal with this on a daily basis......tomorrow I think I'll take them to school in their PJ's if they're not ready on time.

So for today's creative space I'm just going to share what is on my tray this morning. Last night after the kids were all quiet and asleep I started to cut out a few tea sets ready for assembly today. It's been a while since I made one of these and I find myself having to think twice about what to do. That's what you get for not writing some kind of instruction to go with the pattern, a bad habit I need to break.
So if you want to join in the fun this week head on over to kootoyoo and say hello.

9 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

That's too funny, we had the fight about who was looking at who & who was looking out who's window on the way to school today!! It' doesn't take much, does it, they'll fight over absolutely anything! I love those vibrant colours you've got there. I'm a bit the same when it comes to making instruction notes, & if it's been a while I struggle to get my head around what I'm doing, then I put it aside & more time passes..really let's just make notes!

Penny said...

No Belinda - I can say with certainty you are not alone with that one!!! I have 3 driving me nuts every morning!

Glad you see more lovely teapots on the boil - hehehehehe......

Sally said...

I'm sure it will come back to you... just keep stopping for tea breaks. That's what I do... you can't drink too much tea - can you?
Love the colours - looking forward to seeing the end result. Bet cha it'll be ace.

Cindy said...

Mine are not quite old enough for the 'who's lookin' at who" but there are other hair pulling moments, absolutely. Nice you got some time to sew, it's soothing...

Cotton Kiwi said...

I've used that PJs threat many a morning! That teapot set is going to be gorgeous. I love the colour combo.

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Meow, it's purrfect!!
As for children - i have never had my husband aruond in the mornings thanks to early Army starts, so it's just me versus 4 children to get off to school. It's a fine art, ensuring they have full bellies, brushed hair, two shoes etc, they know the drill & know i'm tough of tardy routines. I eat breakfast while making their sandwiches (recess is packed the night before) & i wave my arms around in the centre of everyone, pointing at parts of their bodies & calling names (like "boy, shoes") Then we have a 25km trip to school to calm down & relax, do spelling & talk about the day. It's a fine art, actually when my husband is on leave, he is scared & sits in the car waiting for us, or walks the dog, he just gets in the way, either that or i'll give him something to do!! Love Posie

Chicken Willow said...

My kids fight over the heater every morning as well, I almost need to draw a line at the half way point, ridiculous!

Jo's Place said...

Loving those colours for your tea sets, but I must say your wee cat stole the shoe for me. He's a very handsome wee fellow.

Baa-Me Kniits said...

I love what you make and just had to follow the owls!! :-) My boys fight all morning as well and get threatened to be taken to the school bus in their PJ's! Sometimes I even put them on the school bus even if I am driving into town just because I am OVER the fights ;-)